Colin Moriarty Interviews Christian Geek Central's Paeter Frandsen About His "Doubting Faith"


Back in June 2019 I had the exciting opportunity to be interviewed in person by games media personality Colin Moriarty on his podcast "Colin's Last Stand: Fireside Chats".

Colin may be best known for his many years working at games media outlet IGN, after which he co-founded the immensely popular sites Kinda Funny & Kinda Funny Games. Colin has since gone out on his own, producing a number of podcasts of interests to geeks and gamers, under the brand "Colin's Last Stand".

Throughout his career, Colin has showed interest in discussing matters of faith. He grew up in a Catholic home but left his faith in 8th grade and has identified as an Atheist since then. Fireside Chats is his eclectic interview show, in which he invites normal people from different walks of life to chat with him and share their unique perspective. A recurring theme in several episodes of Fireside Chats has been faith.

Colin has had several Christians on Fireside Chats already, and I've appreciated hearing all of those conversations and how graciously the featured Christians interacted with Colin. Colin himself is also always gracious and welcoming toward Christians he chats with. However as I listened, I couldn't help but wonder if there might be a missing element that would be beneficial to discuss. Namely the issue of doubt in relationship to faith.

I reached out to Colin, introduced myself, and expressed an interest in talking with him on his show. He was very interested, and after we narrowed down a topic a date was scheduled and the rest is history.

It turned out to be a very surprising and unique experience for both of us. I shared openly about my own continuing doubts, and for his part, Colin says in the description for the episode:

"out of all of the Christian-themed episodes we've done so far, I (Colin) must readily admit: This one personally made me think about and question my own beliefs the most."

That interview is live to the public right now and can be listened to here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/fireside-chats-29498150

You can also download Colin's Last Stand: Fireside Chats Episode 104 "Questioning Faith" by using your favorite podcast service.

To accompany and celebrate this event, I've posted a 2-part video series chronicling my experience. The first video covers my preparation and what it was like to meet Colin and prepare to record. The second video covers the moments with Colin after the recording stopped and my thoughts about how I thought the interview went. Both feature video journal entries I recorded while events were happening or still very fresh in my mind, so I hope you enjoy taking the ride with me!

My Interview With Colin Moriarty (Part 1, Preparing & Meeting Colin) 

My Interview With Colin Moriarty (Part 2, How I Thought It Went)

- Paeter Frandsen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CGC Game Save '23 Team Fundraising Page

Starfield & The Changeling (CGC Podcast #774)